Property Taxes Section - 2013
To Receive Updates
Each time we change the information on our website, we record that change on this page. This lets you see at a glance what changes have been made.
You will need Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view some of these files, which are in PDF. Acrobat Reader is available as a free download for use on your personal or office computer.
Select a month:
November 7, 2013
Check out our new website at www.gov.bc.ca/propertytaxes
This site was designed with you in mind and will make it easier for you to find the information you need.
October 22, 2013
Bulletin PTT 003, Property Transfer Tax Exemptions, has been updated with new information about the exemption for property transfers due to marriage breakdown.
July 30, 2013
FIN 28, Families with Children Property Tax Deferment Program Application and Agreement is now available and has been updated to reflect the new qualifications.
FIN 28 Guide, Families with Children Property Tax Deferment Program Application and Agreement Guide is now available and has been updated to reflect the new qualifications.
June 28, 2013
The provincial government announced its 2013 Budget - June Update on June 27, 2013. Read the tax change details on our B.C. Provincial Budget Tax Changes page.
June 27, 2013
Bulletin GEN 003, Appeals of Tax Assessments, Disallowed Refunds or Other Determinations, has been renumbered and renamed. This bulletin is now GEN 002, Appeals, and has also been updated with information on appeals under the Provincial Sales Tax Act.
May 23, 2013
Bulletin HOG 008, Multi-Dwelling Leased Parcels: Applying for the Home Owner Grant, has been updated to clarify information on Multi-Dwelling grant claims.
May 9, 2013
The following 2013 Property Tax Deferment applications and guides are now available:
- FIN 28, Families with Children Property Tax Deferment Program Application and Agreement
- FIN 28 Guide, Families with Children Property Tax Deferment Program Application and Agreement Guide
- FIN 51, Property Tax Deferment Program Application and Agreement
- FIN 51 Guide, Property Tax Deferment Program Application and Agreement Guide
- FIN 54, Application and Amending Agreement for Adding a Spouse to a Property Tax Deferment Agreement
- <FIN 62, Renewal Application - Property Tax Deferment Program
May 2, 2013
The following Home Owner Grant forms have been updated:
The Guide to the First Time Home Buyers’ Program (FIN 269 Guide), has been updated and is on the Property Transfer Tax website.
- Form FIN 65, Application for Home Owner Grant – Low Income Supplement Program
- Form FIN 78, Application for Home Owner Grant
- Notes HOG 4, Explanatory Notes, Home Owner Grant
- Form FIN 79, Application for Home Owner Grant – Veterans Supplement
April 12, 2013
Bulletin TRA 001, Rural Property Taxes has been updated to include information about police tax and clarify information about property subdivisions.
The following Home Owner Grant publications have been updated:
- Bulletin HOG 001, Home Owner Grant Program
- Information Sheet 2007-01, Home Owner Grant Low-Income Grant Supplement Program
- Information Sheet 2012-01, Home Owner Grant Veterans Supplement
April 11, 2013
Bulletin PTT 003, Property Transfer Tax Exemptions has been updated to correct the definition of spouse which is now provided in Section 1 of the Property Transfer Tax Act and not in the Family Relations Act (FRA).
Bulletin PTT 005, Exemptions for the Transfer of a Principle Residence has been updated to include a link to the Partial Exemption Calculator.
February 19, 2013
The provincial government announced its 2013 Budget on February 19, 2013. Programs administered by the Property Taxation Branch are amended as a result.
Read the tax change details on our B.C. Provincial Budget Tax Changes page.
If you subscribe to our update service, we will automatically e-mail you a link every time this section is updated. This will ensure you have up-to-date information without you having to remember to check our site.